Please find attached the information for BeeCon 2018. If you would be so kind as to send the information to the members on your data base and any other interested parties. If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact us.
KZN Bee Farmers Association
Year end function 2016
We are excited about our Year-End Function that is around the corner! Those who attended last year’s Year-End Function can agree that it was an enjoyable evening with delicious food and good company! This year it will be held on Thursday, 3 November. The details are as follows:
Date: Thursday, 3 November 2016
Time: 19h00 for 19h30
Place: Bryanston Sports Club
Dress: Neat Casual
Cost: R120 per person (includes a scrumptious 3 course dinner!)
We look forward to celebrating the end of another great year with our members, family and friends. The Sports Club management has asked that no additional beverages be brought to the event, since there is a cash bar available at the club. Our Year-End Function replaces our monthly meeting and it would be wonderful to share this evening with you. This invitation is for the whole family, so feel free to bring your spouse and children along!
Please R.S.V.P. by Monday, 31 October 2016 with Kai Hichert at 082561 0346 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to secure your place. Please state clearly the names of all who are going to attend and the selection of beef or chicken. You can bring the cash to the meeting next week or pay directly in SBA’s bank account.
Please use the form to add your details. https://beekeepers.typeform.com/to/tCc0CY
Far West Smallholder Fair Dalemoor
The Far West Smallholder Fair will take place over 3 days (28 to 30 October 2016) at Dalemoor on the Farm Elandsfontein Westonaria.
We will be concentrating on suitable inputs and technologies for the smallholder as most current agricultural events promote large scale farming or intensive high tech farming.
We also want to introduce smallholders to the following options:
Free range poultry
If you can see your business benefiting from attending this event, please download the Dalemoore Small holder Fair – Display Application form with all the details. Fill it in and email it to email@example.com
Piscador Pty Ltd
Northerns Bee Outing to Aloes
Field day on the Aloes
Our annual field day on the aloes has been set for Saturday August 13th at the plot of Mr. Koos van der Merwe. We will begin our activities at 09h00 to finish at about 12h00. This will be followed by a bring and braai to give those present an opportunity to meet new faces and share experiences.
In the interim please note the following:
- A map to the venue will be sent asap. Further details are that a central meeting place will be advised where we can all get together and proceed in convoy, this place will be at Builders Warehouse west of the highway in Sefako Makgato Drive (old Zambesi Drive.)
- For those that have GPS the co-ordinates for Koos’s plot are: S25.36,043’ E28.16,380’ this is the google map link just a note that the Plot no is 43 and NOT 41 as per the map, it is close at dammit.
- Non-members of Northerns are asked to make a contribution of R50.00 per family.
- I am expecting a huge crowd which will be split into smaller groups each led by a beekeeper with knowledge about Aloe greatheadii var. davyana and their importance to us.
- IT IS CRUCIAL THAT PROTECTIVE CLOTHING BE WORN WHEN WE INSPECT THE COLONIES. (A few bee suits will be available for renting @R50.00 for anyone if they need it, BUT supplies are limited).
- Please bring a folding chair (or something else) to sit on during the lecture and when preparing your meat over the smoldering wood coals!
Voorsitter: Hans Blokker: 083 429 8693 Onder-Voorsitter: Hendrik Kelly: 082 416 8528
Pictures from the Field Day in Midrand 4 June 2016
What a stunning venue and gathering. Thanks to the guys for sharing so much info with the us. It is mind boggling when you are a newbee to bee keeping. The info to be learnt at one of these outings is priceless. Thanks again to all involved. Enjoy the Photos.
Field Day Midrand 4 June 2016
Dates: 4 June 2016
Time: 10am till 2pm
Topic: Practical beekeeping demonstrations
(No bee suites required)
Lighting a smoker
Bee toolbox / checklist
Marking of hives / frames
Own meat & drinks
Cutlery & crockery
Pap & gravy
Please let us know if you are interested