Field day on the Aloes
Our annual field day on the aloes has been set for Saturday August 13th at the plot of Mr. Koos van der Merwe. We will begin our activities at 09h00 to finish at about 12h00. This will be followed by a bring and braai to give those present an opportunity to meet new faces and share experiences.
In the interim please note the following:
- A map to the venue will be sent asap. Further details are that a central meeting place will be advised where we can all get together and proceed in convoy, this place will be at Builders Warehouse west of the highway in Sefako Makgato Drive (old Zambesi Drive.)
- For those that have GPS the co-ordinates for Koos’s plot are: S25.36,043’ E28.16,380’ this is the google map link just a note that the Plot no is 43 and NOT 41 as per the map, it is close at dammit.
- Non-members of Northerns are asked to make a contribution of R50.00 per family.
- I am expecting a huge crowd which will be split into smaller groups each led by a beekeeper with knowledge about Aloe greatheadii var. davyana and their importance to us.
- IT IS CRUCIAL THAT PROTECTIVE CLOTHING BE WORN WHEN WE INSPECT THE COLONIES. (A few bee suits will be available for renting @R50.00 for anyone if they need it, BUT supplies are limited).
- Please bring a folding chair (or something else) to sit on during the lecture and when preparing your meat over the smoldering wood coals!
Voorsitter: Hans Blokker: 083 429 8693 Onder-Voorsitter: Hendrik Kelly: 082 416 8528