Honey and Mead, Bee Hive Products Competition
Download the Entry form now, Entries close on Friday 06 November 2020.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- Entries close on Friday 06 November 2020.
- No late entries will be accepted.
- Entry forms, along with proof of payment (EFT) to be emailed to –
firstname.lastname@example.org and cc email@example.com
(entry forms without proof of payment will not be judged).
- Competition entries may be couriered to the HJG stewards, details to be liaised directly with exhibitor.
- All entries will be staged by the stewards on 25/11/2020 from 07.30am at the venue.
- Entries, Exhibits will be judged on 26/11/2020 and 27/11/2020.
- An exhibitor may submit more than one (1) entry per class, provided that each entry is from a different source.
- All bottled honey entries are to be exhibited in 500g clear glass honey jars (photo of possible jars attached).
- Label & packaging classes are an exception to point 8, and may be exhibited in any size or shape of glass or plastic bottles, but not a combination of both.
- Labels may not be affixed to any exhibit, with the obvious exception of the Label & Packaging Classes.
- Mead entries may have either screw tops or cork, but must have shrink capsule over the lid in the right colour:
• sweet or metheglyn: GOLD,
• semi sweet or hippocras: GREEN,
• dry or melomel: YELLOW,
• sparkling to have the colour relevant to other mead,
• honey beer to have caps.
- Entries with markings on bottles or lids will be disqualified.
- Entries not adhering to the entry requirements specified will be disqualified.
- Exhibits delivered by courier may be sent with additional lids. Upon request, the stewards will replace the lids on the day of staging the entries.
- The Judges may move an entry to a more suitable class or category, without prejudice to the entry.
- Judging will be by points, recorded on a contest score sheet.
- All exhibits are to be collected immediately after the competition results are made public. If the entrant is unable to do so, then to communicate / liaise with the stewards in advance.
- The Judges’ decision is final.